Fresenius Kabi UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 statement

This statement is made pursuant to the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 that came into effect on the 29th October 2015.

Fresenius Kabi is a global healthcare company that specialises in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. Our products and services are used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients.

Approximately 86% of the products that we buy are purchased from within the Fresenius Kabi Group, leaving only 14% sourced from third party providers who are mainly located in the UK.

Our responsibility as a healthcare company goes beyond our business operations. Responsible and sustainable management is an integral part of our culture and our daily business.

In order to be perceived as a reliable partner of integrity by patients, customers, suppliers, government agencies and the general public in the healthcare system, it is important that we fulfil our legal and ethical responsibilities as a company.

To this end, all of our suppliers are expected to comply with the Fresenius Kabi Supplier’s Code of Conduct in all business dealings. Integral within this is adherence to the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and observance of all applicable international and local laws, including the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.

Fresenius Kabi will review suppliers’ compliance with the principles and requirements laid out in the Suppliers Code of Conduct and where found deficient work jointly to eliminate possible concerns.

If Fresenius Kabi becomes aware of any actions or conditions within their supply chains that are not in compliance with the Code, we reserve the right to demand corrective action measures. Moreover, we also reserve the right to terminate agreements with any supplier who does not comply with the Code.

Fresenius Kabi is committed to maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as the highest ethical standards as set out in its Code and in the UN Global Compact’s 10 principles.

Specific text relating to the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 is being incorporated into supplier contracts, to reinforce adherence to its principles and compliance with its obligations and included in supplier review meetings.

Training is provided to company management and Suppliers Code of Conduct awareness is given to all relevant employees, either through direct training, e-learning or the reading of written policies and procedures that support it.

The Fresenius Kabi Suppliers Code of Conduct can be accessed via the following link:

Mark Kirkup
General Manager, Operations

Call us on: 0800 121 8300