Data Protection Statement for Visitors of Our Website
Data protection information for individuals visiting our website
Last updated July 2016, previous version https://calea.co.uk/privacy-policy/
As a visitor of our website, Calea UK Limited (“us/we”) (part of the Fresenius Kabi group of companies) will collect and use certain personal data from you.
This data protection statement informs you about the processing of personal data when visiting our website.
Please be aware that we also may process your personal data in other contexts, e.g. when you are a business contact for products or services or when you interact with us in your capacity as a healthcare professional. Please see the specific information on the processing of your personal data in such situations.
We also inform you that our websites include links to external sites which are not covered by this data protection statement. Also, some of our Calea subsidiaries’ local websites provide data protection statements that may differ from this data protection statement. Your visit to such websites is subject to the respective data protection statement of this website.
We collect and use your data for the following purposes:
- To validate, handle and respond to you based upon your i enquiry or request
- To fulfill our compliance requirements under pharmacovigilance and medicines laws
- To make the website work for the device you use it on
- To provide the best possible service to you and enhance your user experience
- To optimize our website
We may collect and use your personal data in the following situations:
When visiting our website
We collect data of your visit to our site. We do this to present the website optimized to the device you are using and with all its functions or to store your preferences for your current or future browsing sessions.
We collect the following internet protocol data during your visits on our websites:
- the name of your service provider including IP address
- the website that directed you to our site
- the pages visited on our website
- your web browser type, and
- the date and length of your visit.
Your IP address will be used in a pseudonymized manner by deleting the last three digits. That way we are no longer able to directly identify you as an individual.
Information we collect by using cookies
Your cookie settings are always related to the web browser you are using, and the settings are of no effect if you use a different web browser upon your next use of this website. Alternatively, you can manage the settings of your web browser or on your mobile device. Here you can delete cookies at your own discretion at any time.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
This type of cookies is required to make the website work. They are exclusively used by us during the session and are therefore so called first party session cookies.
They help to make the page load more quickly and to limit the number of sessions originating from a user to prevent a website-overload.
They remain valid during the session and are automatically deleted when you close the browser.
Functional cookies save the choices you make while visiting this website in order to offer you an improved functionality and personal features.
We use a “cookie notifier” cookie, which saves your decision either to agree with the usage of cookies on our website or not. It is saved automatically upon your click on one of the two options available. Your acceptance of our cookies is stored for one year from the acceptance date. If you decide to refuse our cookies, your decision will be stored for 30 days. During this time the cookie information banner will not be shown again.
Analytical cookies allow us to analyze the way the website is used. This enables us to optimize its performance and increase the user experience. Our website uses Matomo, formerly Piwik, an open source web analytics tool. With this tool we track how often visitors use a page of our website, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from our pages. Your IP address will be processed in a pseudonymized manner by deleting the last three figures. That way we are no longer able to directly identify you as an individual. The software from Matomo is running on servers of our in-house service provider in Germany and the information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your pseudonymized IP address) will be stored on the server of our in-house service provider in Germany. The IP-address that is transmitted will not be merged with any other data collected by us. We will delete this data within three years.
Social media cookie
When you press ‘I consent’ in the social media feeds section, a cookie will be placed. You are then able to see the activity streams of our corporate social media channels which are embedded on our website. Your consent is stored for the duration of your visit through our “social media streams” cookie.
When activating social media plug-ins and activity feeds
If you activate plug-ins or activity feeds of social media providers (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram or WhatsApp), your web browser will connect to the servers of the respective providers and send your specific user data to these providers.
In addition, if you are currently logged in to a social network of one of the above-mentioned providers, your activity may be linked to your user account with these providers at the same time.
Plug-ins for sharing via “Shariff”
In order to secure your privacy, we are using a tool called “Shariff”. Shariff enables you to decide whether and when to activate the share plug-ins on our website and, by doing so, whether to initiate a transfer of user specific data to the provider. Only if you specifically activate a plug-in via Shariff, your browser will connect to the servers of the respective provider and the user specific data (as further referenced below) will be sent to that provider. You activate a plug-in via Shariff, by clicking on one of the respective share buttons.
Activating activity feeds
When you activate the activity feed by clicking on the inactive mask on our website, your browser will connect to the servers of each provider and the user-specific data (as further referenced below) will be sent to each provider. Please note that a cookie is set automatically upon clicking on the mask and will be stored for the duration of your browsing session. During this time the mask will not be shown again.
Information you provide to us
We collect and process data you actively provided to us for instance when filling in online forms or when contacting us by other means of communication such as e-mail, telephone or mail. Such data includes:
- First and last name
- Contact and address information (including address data, e-mail address, phone number, fax number)
- Country of residence
- Type of request and possible further information for the purpose of responding to your enquiry
We process your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases:
- You have given us your consent for the intended processing or international transfer of your personal data, (Art. 6.1 a and Art. 49.1 a GDPR). This is the case for cookies and when you activate the social plug-ins or where you provide data to us relating to a request to a Calea entity outside Europe
- The processing of your personal data is necessary for us in order to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to (Art. 6.1 c GDPR)
- The processing is necessary for purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data (Art. 6.1 f GDPR). These legitimate interests are:
- the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- to provide information on our products and service via a working and optimized website.
We collaborate with other organizations to achieve our purposes. Therefore, we may send your personal data in parts or as a whole to other organizations.
Such recipients are:
- Other Fresenius Group companies if such a transfer of personal data is required for the specific purpose (Please refer to the overview of the locations in which Fresenius Kabi Group companies are active)
- Service providers which process personal data on our behalf (e.g. for hosting or maintenance services) and have to follow our instructions on such processing; these service providers will not be allowed to use your personal data for other than our purposes
- Authorities, courts, parties in a litigation in case we are required to do so to meet any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Professional advisors or auditors, such as tax advisors, financial auditors, lawyers, insurers, banks and other external professional advisors in the countries in which we operate
International data transfers
No specific onward transfer of your data to third countries (countries outside the European Economic Area) is foreseen with the exception of your inquiries. In order to be able to handle your enquiry, we will forward your enquiry, including your personal information as provided by you, to your local country contact. If such local country contact is located in a third country, we will transfer the data based upon your consent.
Your contact details will be stored for up to six months after the enquiry has been completed unless legal obligation exists to retain data for a longer duration.
Information collected via cookies will be stored as long as the cookie is valid as explained above.
Depending on the situation you have certain rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request rectification of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data
- Data portability
- Object on grounds specific to your situation
The controller and responsible entity for processing of personal data is:
Calea UK Limited
Cestrian Court, Eastgate Way
Runcorn WA7 1NT
data.protection-UK@fresenius-kabi.comYou also have the right to lodge a complaint with our data protection officer or the supervisory authority.
Data Protection Officer:
If you’re unhappy with the outcome of your enquiry, then you can contact the ICO:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Requirements to provide personal data
Your personal data is required to make the website accessible to you and to be able to follow up on your enquiry.
If you do not provide your personal data, the website will not work, and we may not be able to respond to or properly process your request.
Changes to this data protection statement
As our collection and use of your data may change over time, we may also modify this data protection statement to always correctly reflect our data processing practices. We encourage you to review it from time to time